Thursday, January 17, 2013

     This week I returned to writing my second novel, GIFTED: Birth of a Vampire. Although it is slow going, I am making progress. I have heard about writers that can knock out 10,000 words per day. I take my hat off to them!! Perhaps some day when I feel settled I will be able to put that much focus into my writing. For now however, I am pushing about 2,000 words per day and I am content with that for the moment. At this pace, I may have the book done by March, April at the latest. I have already set my storyline in my head and put part of it to paper to keep on track. It is interesting how the story takes on a life of it's own while fingers dance across the keyboard. I find myself adding and taking away from original ideas as water makes subtle path changes as it flows down a hillside. I find myself enjoying the story almost as if someone else had written it when I am done. As in GIFTED, there will be plenty of action. BOV starts off fast to get you gripped. But for those that long for more depth, I will be working to provide more detail also.
     I realize many writers have a strong talent in bringing a sentence to life by adding descriptions and flair to them. This is not a talent I have in abundance as of yet, however, my focus overall is to provide enough flair, if you will, to give the read flavor. I have gained the assistance of a friend I have yet to name. Once I get her permission, I will include her twitter or whatever she chooses to disclose. She is an English major and a high school classmate that has taken an interest in helping me with my books. I hope someday to be able to repay her for her kindness as she is providing her valuable editing skills!
     I look forward to coming here and announcing that BOV is done!! Until then, keep checking up on me here and I will keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment