Monday, January 7, 2013

     Revise revise revise! This week has been a week of revision for GIFTED. I wish I could say I was a "gifted" editor but my English stopped in grade twelve. However, I have been working on the book, enhancing it, working on rewording it in many places, fixing punctuation errors that I missed, and I am even building a bit more character depth. As I revise, every few days I have republished the book in an effort to make sure my readers are getting the best possible version at hand. To anyone who has purchased older copies before the revisions, I do apologize for the mistakes. The storyline is still the same though, I will not change that. I should be done with the revisions this week then I will send a copy to a friend who is an English major. She will edit it further. Once that is done, GIFTED will be made available as a paperback for the first time. It is hard to say just how excited I am about this. To be able to finally hold a copy of all the hard work in my hands in book form!
 
     As for the Trilogy, yes, it is in the works. As stated in previous blogs, I have started the second book already. I have ideas for the third one also. I can't wait to get back to writing again, I just need to polish GIFTED a bit more before I do though.
 
     I am also working on a poetry book. I have well over 100 poems on line and am picking the best of them to publish as a small ebook only. This will be sold for .99 and will be free every chance I can make it so.
 
     After I am done with the Trilogy, I am considering different avenues about what to write. For the moment, I am considering writing spin offs from GIFTED. Short stories about the more popular characters from the book to give them more elaboration and enhance the Trilogy even more.
 
     Please feel free to leave comments about what you think would be some good ideas or what you would like to see happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment